A great, healthy soup in the slow cooker
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||1 hour|
|Passive Time||1 hour|
- 1 ea Onion Yellow or white, diced
- 2 ea Carrot Wash, peel if desired, and chop
- 3 ea Garlic Clove Chopped fine, add more if desired
- 16 oz Kale Leaves
- 16 oz Chicken Broth
- 8 oz Diced Tomatos (Canned) Drained
- 8 oz Kidney Beans Drained, may substitute other types (white, garbanzo, etc...)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp Butter
- Add oil, butter, and pinch of salt & pepper to skillet. Turn stove to medium and warm until butter melts.
- Chop onion and carrots, add to skillet and saute until they begin to soften. Do not cook completely, as they will continue to soften in the slow cooker.
- Add onions, carrots, and all other ingredients to slow cooker, and set to medium. Stir well to mix in seasonings.
- Put lid on slow cooker. Check after 1 hour, add seasonings to taste, then serve when ready.